I’ve started work on a project I’ve been wanting to do for quite a while and that’s to add a certificate exchange to the Ancestral Wales website for unwanted Welsh Birth, Marriage or Death certificates. This will be a free service and I hope to be able to match unwanted certificates with those who need them.
If you have any extra certificates that you would like to add to the exchange, please contact me and I will post them for you. I’m trying to keep this as simple as possible, so the guidelines are:
1. Ancestral Wales will post brief details of the stray certificate, e.g. Marriage Certificate / JONES, Thomas/EVANS, Mary, Dolpandy, Llanbadarn Fawr Parish, April 2, 1877.
2. Email Ancestral Wales, if you see a document that is a potential match.
3. This is a free service and Ancestral Wales will provide your contact information to the owner of the certificate.
4. At no time will any email address provided to Ancestral Wales be given to any outside party, other than those involved in exchanging a certificate.
5. If you have a certificate that you would like to have listed, please contact Ancestral Wales
All this being said - at the moment I only have one of my own certificates to offer. So I need your help!!